Monday, December 11, 2006

In the Kitchen II ~Work in Progress

See "In the Kitchen I - work in Progress" for the first part of this painting in progression.

As promised, here is a better and slightly updated photograph. The sun went behind the trees very fast today as our days are getting shorter and shorter. Currently I have direct sunlight through my studio from noon until around 3pm.








More highlights were added to the kitchen towel, and I started adding some correct shapes on and around the bowl. I am looking forward to the eggs. . . well, I'm looking forward to finishing this one. It's the most complex still life I have painted in some time, and the longer it takes the less enthusiasm I tend to have. We have had a long string of sunny days which I am very thankful for. I will paint, again, today, and will soon post more updated photographs. Thank you for looking.

No comments: