Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Perks

Because of art, I have been blessed to meet so many new people. At times, I have been taken back by their enthusiasm for my work. Elisa Miller has become one of those wonderful people with whom I have gotten to know on a personal level.



I first heard her name when my framer called to tell me that someone had purchased one of my paintings as it was being framed for an upcoming show. Elisa had seen the paintings lined up ready to go, and when it was all said and done, purchased two paintings before my show ever hung in the gallery. I can't express what an encouragement it has been to have her affirmation as a "fan", but much more to have her interested and caring as a friend.

A few weeks ago, when I was feeling particularly frustrated with my art career, she sent an email with a cherry message inviting me to have lunch with her. I got a real treat as I stayed with her until late afternoon. I was able to meet and get to know her beautiful children, prove how terrible I was at Dance, Dance, Revolution with Sydney, and listen to Elisa as she shared what was going on in her life.

We are excitedly collaborating on a commissioned painting inspired by Mom's Home Cooking that will showcase some of her lovely Yellowware.

Thank you for your friendship and encouragement, Elisa!!

No comments: